Child Support Lawyer
Are you concerned about the fairness or accuracy of your child support requirements? Trust Boudreaux Law Firm. We have an experienced and compassionate family law attorney who is equipped to handle all legal aspects of a divorce, including the challenges of child support. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, as much as 51% of parents have some form of child support arrangement with no enforceable court order. Of the remaining 49% of parents that do have an enforceable child support court order, only half actually receive partial or full child support payments. If you need help navigating the complex child support guidelines under Georgia law or you need to make modifications or enforce a current child support arrangement, we can help you at Boudreaux Law Firm.
Under revised Georgia law, the calculations for child support are based on a shared income approach, which is far more complicated than past guidelines and can be quite overwhelming to those involved. This approach is designed to establish a sufficient dollar amount that meets the specific needs of the child or children involved. It considers factors such as the income of both parents, child care costs, health insurance expenses and others. To help you navigate the multiple steps of child support calculation, trust our experienced attorneys at Boudreaux Law Firm. We take the time to evaluate your individual situation so that your financial interests are protected while ultimately supporting your child’s future well-being.
Child Support Modifications
Did you recently lose your job or experience a change in income? You may be entitled to a child support modification. Child support modifications can be initiated by either the receiver or the payer if the financial picture for either party has changed. At Boudreaux Law Firm, we have a clear understanding of the guidelines and rules surrounding child support modification. We realize that what was appropriate for your circumstances during the time of your divorce may not be what is best and fair in your current situation. We are prepared to negotiate tailored solutions to protect your financial interests and ultimately benefit the best interest of your child.
Contact Boudreaux Law Firm to schedule a consultation. We have a skilled and compassionate child support lawyer who can assist you with initial calculations or modifications regarding Georgia child support.
Eastern Georgia Bankruptcy and Family Law Attorney
If you need help navigating difficult issues of a divorce, contact the Boudreaux Law Firm today to meet with one of our experienced Augusta attorneys. We offer free initial consultations for certain situations and competitive rates in family law cases. When you schedule an appointment with our firm, you will meet with an attorney, not a paralegal or secretary, to discuss all of your legal options.