There Must be a Way to Keep Your Home and Car
A home and a car are often the most essential items in people’s lives; losing them would be catastrophic for most of us. If you are facing the prospect of foreclosure or repossession — or if you are even starting to fall behind in your payments — you need to contact a seasoned, professional lawyer as soon as possible.
• Act Quickly • If you contact an experienced bankruptcy lawyer as soon as you get into financial trouble, your lawyer will have a much better chance of putting things in place to help you keep your home and car. Contact us today.
With law offices in Augusta and Evans, we have been working as bankruptcy attorneys for more than 20 Years , serving Eastern Georgia. If there is any way to stop foreclosure and repossession, we can find it.
The Foreclosure Process Moves Fast
For most mortgage default situations in Georgia, unless there is language in the contract that dictates the foreclosure procedure, the requirements on the creditor are minimal, and the process usually looks something like this:
- The lender must run an ad in the newspaper for four weeks before the sale is scheduled to occur.
- The lender must notify you at least 15 days prior to the date of sale.
- After fulfilling these requirements, the lender can sell your house at auction at a fraction of its value, and you can lose your home in one month from your first late payment.
If you are even starting to get behind on your payments, it is essential to contact a lawyer as soon as possible so that we can stop foreclosure.
The Repossession Process Moves Even Faster
Often our clients are surprised to learn that, under Georgia law:
- Lenders can repossess immediately after you miss your first payment.
- Lenders are not required to give you any notice about repossession.
- Lenders can take your car from anywhere at all. As long as they don’t violate trespass laws, they are not limited to taking your car only from the street or your driveway.
- If your car is repossessed, we can still get your car back, if we move quickly.
Contact Us Today ? Free Initial Consultation for Personal Bankruptcy Clients
We can work with your lenders and find a way to stop foreclosure. Also, the simple act of filing for Chapter 7, 11, or 13 bankruptcy will immediately stop foreclosure and repossession proceedings, and stop creditor harassment. This will give you a bit of time to decide your next move or find a way to reorganize your debts so you can keep your home, car, and furniture. Contact us today.
Eastern Georgia Bankruptcy and Family Law Attorney
If you need help navigating difficult issues of a divorce, contact the Boudreaux Law Firm today to meet with one of our experienced Augusta attorneys. We offer free initial consultations for certain situations and competitive rates in family law cases. When you schedule an appointment with our firm, you will meet with an attorney, not a paralegal or secretary, to discuss all of your legal options.