Bankruptcy in Georgia
Bankruptcy is a matter of federal law, yet the process is not exactly the same from state to state. It is important to understand the bankruptcy process here in Georgia in order to handle your case in the most effective manner. Boudreaux Law Firm in Augusta will guide you through the process, and you can trust us to effectively advise you throughout the development of your case.
There are many different issues that must be taken into consideration with bankruptcy. Creditors and foreclosure can begin looming over your head, and you may find that you are scared every time the phone rings. A feature of personal bankruptcy is the automatic stay, which prohibits threatening phone calls and letters from creditors and gives you breathing room while you get your financial situation straightened out.
Dealing With Debt
Dealing with debt can cause stress and troubles that you simply cannot manage. There are many different issues associated with extreme debt, and at Boudreaux Law Firm we will help you in the following areas:
- Foreclosure and Repossession Assistance
- Your home and your car are the most essential items in a person’s daily life, and losing them would be catastrophic to you and your family. Our professional lawyers will help you avoid these damaging consequences.
- Home Foreclosure Process in Georgia
- Home foreclosures move very quickly in the state of Georgia. If you are behind on mortgage payments or facing foreclosure, you need immediate assistance. Bankruptcy may actually help you save your home.
- Stop Creditor Harassment
- An experienced attorney can help stop harassing phone calls from creditors and help you find a new financial start. If you are getting calls day and night from creditors and you do not have the money to pay your debts, there is hope.
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) is a federal act that was enforced by the Federal Trade Commission that states that debt collectors must abide by certain rules and cannot be “abusive, deceptive, or unfair” in their debt collection actions.
- Creditors Rights
- If you are owed money, you need to know and understand your rights. You do have legal rights to recover what is rightfully yours, however, if your debtors have declared bankruptcy certain debts will beyond your reach.
- Life & Credit After Filing Bankruptcy
- The future may look dim the moment you realize that bankruptcy is your best option, but we want you to know that there is life after bankruptcy. For those who are dedicated to restoring their credit and building a successful financial future, there can be a new beginning for you.
- How to Rebuild Credit After Filing Bankruptcy
- After filing bankruptcy there are several steps that you can take right away to begin rebuilding your credit score. Boudreaux Law Firm will help you devise a plan for a brighter financial future.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation about your particular situation.
Eastern Georgia Bankruptcy and Family Law Attorney
If you need help navigating difficult issues of a divorce, contact the Boudreaux Law Firm today to meet with one of our experienced Augusta attorneys. We offer free initial consultations for certain situations and competitive rates in family law cases. When you schedule an appointment with our firm, you will meet with an attorney, not a paralegal or secretary, to discuss all of your legal options.